Whenever Michael has to pull an all-nighter, or whenever I get up to feed Thomas in the middle of the night, this is what we hear...
This goes on for hours.
Every night.
At first we thought maybe the bird had his day/night mixed up, because no other birds are out at 3am, and no one ever responds. Now we're thinking maybe it's a predator since it goes through a variety of different calls, but even that wouldn't work.
Maybe he's just been around one too many car alarms?
Any thoughts as to what it might be?
There was a bird just like this that lived outside our bedroom window in our first apartment when we moved to CA. We called it the car alarm bird. Some nights I would lie awake and ponder all the different ways I could try to kill that bird: explosives, guns, bare-handed throttling...
ReplyDeleteGasp! This is the bird outside our bedroom window! I too have planned its demise.
ReplyDelete