This past weekend we went to the San Diego Highland Games. What could be more fun than listening to bagpipes all day and watching extremely large men in kilts showing amazing bouts of strength? Actually, if I am being honest, the sheep dogs are my favorite. So Amazing! Anyone reading this who hasn't seen "Babe," please go and watch it now. That is all.
Mostly I just wanted an excuse to dress Thomas in a kilt.
Along with watching the sheep dog trials and strength events, we were able to hear my talented mother-in-law tell some Scottish stories.
In fact, I would have to say the best part of the entire day was lying under the large tree next to this booth with my head in Michael's lap, listening to Marilyn's stories. There was a perfect breeze and the sun was glistening through the branches. So relaxing.
We also had some fun times with cousins
Thomas was a hit with some of his boy cousins. He is so lucky to have so many older cousins to follow around.
And despite all of the fun and extremely loud piping, he was still able to take a nap. Oh to be young again.
Oh my gosh, I love the kilt! (And so does Seth.)
ReplyDelete