Monday, July 21, 2014

Thomas 5 Months

I have to say that so far this is my favorite age. I mean, I miss the tiny newborn baby preciousness, but it is so fun when they can move around and interact. And now that he is sitting like a champ, he is better at keeping himself preoccupied. Oh, and he has become much more clingy, which is sometimes annoying by also extremely sweet. I love when he grabs on and cuddles into me.



Things Thomas can do at 5 months:

1. Sit up (he started this around 4 months)

This was him about a month ago when he was first learning.


2. Ninja grab - this has really helped improve our reflexes; he is just so darn fast. I will be in the middle of putting him in the bumbo and he has already gotten hold of 2 different items, both of which are on the way into his mouth.

3. Eat solids. Both those meant for him, or just anything he can find lying around; he's not picky...except when it comes to peas. Apparently peas taste worse than carpet, hair, or any other unidentifiable object found lying around on the ground.



4. Roll over both ways (again, he was doing this a while ago but now he is consistent).

5. Find the softest or most sensitive part of your face (eyes, inside your nose, lips, etc.) to grab, dig his nails into, and pull.

6. Escape changing. Whether it's just a diaper or an entire outfit, the moment you take your hand off of him (or even if it's still on) he tries to roll and get away.


7. Arm crawl. He is pretty much mobile, it just takes him longer than if he were crawling. I like it because it gives me practice for when he does eventually crawl, but I get a fair warning before he gets to his destination. He is so very close to crawling though, ugh.

8. Sit on daddy's shoulders. This is his absolute favorite thing right now. It can be dangerous though...


One of my favorite things Thomas does right now is his morning crib time. When he wakes up he sits in his crib and talks and giggles to waking up to his little coos and giggles. Then when I go in to get him he gives me the biggest smile. So precious.

And he is still big on chillin'


One thing I do hope he learns soon is how to hold his own bottle/sippy cup. I was worried my milk was getting low and Thomas wasn't getting enough so for the past week I was alternating between pumping and feeding. Most of the time I would hold him even when bottle feeding (you know, bonding and such), but when I was in a rush it was nice for him to be able to feed himself, only he couldn't quite get the holding part down.




1 comment: