Thursday, April 28, 2011

Life is Good

This morning I woke up in a very satisfactory mood, everything in life just seems to be coming together. 


Immigration is over (for now)
I have a California drivers licence
I am finally learning people's names at church
I have two amazing church callings (nursery and cub scouts) 
Summer is coming (which means sunshine, bird's chirping, camping, shorts, BBQ's, bonfires, and everything outdoors)
I get to visit my family soon...and ride the horse!
I'm making friends
I have a Thursday morning walking buddy 
I'm volunteering at the Helen Woodward Center, which means I get to be around animals again (yay)
We're going to Utah in a few weeks and get to see college friends and play MELONBALL
Oh and our garden is flourishing.




Yup, life is good.



I've been reflecting on the many events of my life and the great experiences I have been blessed with. As I enter into each new stage of life I think that it can't get any better, and yet it does. 

From the freedom of youth, the fun times of college-life, and now the blessing of marriage, there are so many wonderful things that happen during our lives. Life really is good. 

This made me think of Elder Holland's talk on The Best is Yet to Be. I guess I sometimes fall into the trap of living in the past, mostly when I think about college. Oh to be back where life was carefree and full of fun. Where everyone knew me and I could walk 10 feet and find people willing to play a pick up game of ultimate, melonball or anything we wanted. To be surrounded by people my own age with many of the same interests and ideas. They were good times. Of course I would never trade what I have now to go back, but it's hard not to miss it. 

I particularly liked the section "Faith Points to the Future", and I love the way he phrases his thoughts. Here are a few of the things he said.

"I plead with you not to dwell on the days now gone nor to yearn vainly for yesterdays, however good those yesterdays may have been. The past is to be learned from but not lived in. We look back to claim the embers from glowing experiences but not the ashes. Ans when we have learned what we need to learn and have brought with us the best that we have experienced, then we look ahead and remember that faith is always pointed toward the future. Faith always has to do with blessings and truths and events that will yet be efficacious in our lives."

"We may miss the here and now and tomorrow because we are so trapped in the there and then and yesterday."  
 (Such a sad thing, and yet I bet it happens to a lot of people).

I love the church, they have a talk for everything.

Well that turned out to be more than I had planned. Mostly I just wanted to say that I am loving life and that Michael and I have it really good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment