Rosie, my best friend from Canada, came to visit a couple weeks ago.
As is usual when my fellow Canadians come to visit, it decided to rain. It hasn't rained here since my parents came down. Go figure.
We did have one nice beach day, which we fully took advantage of. It was still slightly chilly so we made ourselves some sand blankets.
Of course we did the usual San Diego Zoo, San Diego Safari Park, and Sea World. My favorite discovery was at SeaWorld, where they've added "cleaning fish" in the entrance. I loved the little tickle as they nibbled up and down my arm. Is it sad that this was my favorite part? I mean, killer whales are cool and all....
I finally went to hike at Torrey Pines. It was quite beautiful. I didn't know they had so many different trails.
Thomas wasn't so happy to be put in the backpack, but he did eventually settle. I don't know how many people stopped to tell him that really I should be the one complaining. I wholeheartedly agreed; that kid is heavy!
We also did the obligatory Old Town visit.
Besties!
And since we're such creatures of habit, we needed Rosie to fly all the way down here to find us a cool new place to eat. It's called Zymology 21 and is the perfect place for science nerds. It's a little more geared towards those who drink, but the food was also excellent.
Our drinking glasses
A little something to wash our hands before the meal
This was amazing!
And of course, chicken and waffles. Also really tasty.
After that we went to the shout house for some even more good times. Thank you Rosie for showing me how to have a good time in my own town :)












No comments:
Post a Comment