Sunday, October 19, 2014

Ward Campout

We missed our ward campout last year and everyone raved about it so we were determined to go this year. They have it at a campground about 25 minutes away that the church bought last year. It's pretty amazing. There was archery, a gun range, a ropes course, zip lining, a pool, and much more. Unfortunately we forgot our camera for all of the outdoor fun, but we did get this charming picture at 6 in the morning when Thomas was awakened by kids in the neighboring tent.


We gave him a much needed hair cut after we got home from the campout. 

Since we were up at 6, we decided to go for a morning hike. After getting Thomas dressed I had to take a picture because he looked so Canadian.
Sorry about the blurry images, I think there was something on the lens and it's hard to get Thomas to sit still for pictures.


Again, the lens.


The view from our hike. We never made it to the top because it was getting close to breakfast, and in the McPhie family food comes before all else. 


I'm embarrassed to say that we ended up sprinting through the campground just to make it on time, which resulted in a very warm and sweaty (but extremely delicious) breakfast. Actually, it was the best breakfast I've ever had at a campout. Ever. Not only did they have Texas style french toast, bacon, sausages, eggs, and more, but it was the best french toast and the best eggs I've had. They were cooked perfectly.

All in all a really good activity. 
Totally worth the lack of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment