As is our yearly tradition, we went to the Poway Rodeo. We were excited for Thomas to come, but when I remembered that the dance afterwards is only 21 and up I decided it would be better to leave him with grandma and grandpa. He wouldn't appreciate it yet, anyway.
I was very excited to learn that Thomas can start mutton busting when he is 3; only 2.5 years to go before he becomes a Rodeo champion. Don't let me down, son. We have a plan to put some sheep skin on our friend's dog and let him practice on that. So fun. For those who don't know what mutton busting is, here's a video
And since we were running late, we didn't get a good picture of Thomas in his cowboy outfit. I tried to get a good picture another night, but Thomas was not cooperating, It was only after I had taken pictures in the bedroom that I remembered the hay bail on the front porch, and of course by then it was getting dark.
I admire people who are able to take perfect pictures of small children. It was impossible to get him to sit still and not pull his hat off, let alone think about the angle of the camera and the other things intruding or being excluded from the picture.
Mostly he wanted to play with the sprinkler.
Or the scarecrow
Oh yeah, this post is about the Rodeo. We were there. It was fun. We forgot our camera.
5 years and counting.

No comments:
Post a Comment