(Michael) As a special birthday treat, Amanda got us tickets to go to the San Diego Botanical Gardens. Really not quite sure how I hadn't heard about this place since it's huge. I also don't know how Amanda made sure the weather was nice and cool and cloudy.
We started out at a children's garden.
Then moved on to a neat bamboo garden complete with a pond with frogs and turtles. We had to pry Thomas away from here.
There was an edible garden which was cool except I felt like they really should have some free samples (especially when you have an ice cream banana plant).
And talking about bananas....BANANAS! Thomas thought it was pretty amazing to see bananas on a tree.
We told Thomas to go kiss the lady's hand, but it mostly looks like he's gnawing on her knuckles.
And then sometimes there are tears.
There was a medicine garden full of fun plants to smell.
And an overlook with a telescope (which Thomas insisted on looking through the big end).
We quite enjoyed Thomas' "strut" here.
Another children's garden had a giant fake tree with strategically placed plants. I have to admit it took me a little bit to realize it wasn't real.
Thomas and Rebecca spent quite some time at a little stream.
Right when we entered the desert section, the sun came out and cooked us a little bit.
Rebecca was not pleased. That frown looks like the upside down smile face that dad would sometimes make.
And of course, all's well that ends well....
No comments:
Post a Comment