Thomas turned 2 in February.
Despite telling myself that last year's party was a one time thing I caved and decided to throw a construction themed birthday. Thomas is obsessed with tractors at the moment. There's a construction site down the street, and if he could Thomas would sit and watch the tractors for hours.
Luckily Thomas already had lots of toy tools, so decorating was pretty easy.
Last year we made the mistake of having food that needed to be cooked during the party. This year it was just pre-made snack food which made it a lot easier to talk with other people and enjoy the party.
It was to our good fortune that Michael's mother, Marilyn, had saved all the hardhats from our wedding pictures. We made stickers with each kid's name on them to put on the hardhats.
Cones for a ring toss and a cardboard demolition zone. The cardboard was a genius idea, the kids played in it for the longest time and it didn't cost a thing.
The cake
I was a little nervous about the cake because I am super insecure about making food for other people and because I was making up the recipe as I went along. It was chocolate cake with a chocolate cream cheese filling and chocolate ganache on top. Can't go wrong with chocolate, right? Luckily it was a construction site so it didn't have to be too pretty.
Thomas enjoyed it.
Thomas and his "crew."
Pretty cute.
I don't think Thomas really understood what was going on the entire time, but it was fun nonetheless. I told myself once again that we won't be doing this next year, but we'll see what happens :)
Happy 2nd birthday, Thomas.
No comments:
Post a Comment