Monday, April 4, 2016

Snow day

Instead of our usual trip to Big Bear this year we had hoped to catch another great snow day in Julian. After watching the weather report for weeks someone on my facebook posted a picture at the wolf center that showed the wolves in snow. I figured that meant there must be snow in Julian.

Wrong.

There might have been snow, but it was pretty much all melted by the time we got there. There was a little bit left on the mountain tops and we were determined to find it. Thus we found ourselves on this delightful little trail.


Like father, like son.

We were having a wonderful time walking along this nice flat path frolicking along with these cows when Michael decided we needed to cut our own path straight up the mountain. 
I was quite proud at how long we lasted considering we had a 2 year old and I was 8 months pregnant. We only really turned around because I thought I had lost my phone somewhere along the trail (it was in Michael's back pocket).


Knowing that our chances of actually enjoying snow in Julian were iffy, I had a back-up plan. 
Poway snow days.

They had a little sledding hill for the kids. Thomas enjoyed it quite a bit.


And a large area filled with snow to play in. 


Thomas didn't seem to mind that it was super crowded.






Not as good as the real thing, of course, but it would have to do for this year. 


In other news. We had a huge downpour of rain and our garage flooded. Luckily nothing was too badly damaged and now we know this can happen and how to prevent it. We're just happy our driveway doesn't angle down towards our house and garage like many of the other residents on our street. We saw a lot of sandbags on our walk that week.


No comments:

Post a Comment