Monday, March 4, 2013

Michael's Birthday

(Michael) I would be truly ungrateful indeed if I didn't at least post a short summary of some of my birthday highlights last year.

First, Amanda surprised me by taking me up to Palomar Mountain for a picnic and a hike (knowing that I love to be outside).  She also surprised herself by not remembering how to get there.  I thought it was pretty entertaining because she made me close my eyes for the car ride and so I would occasionally hear her thinking out loud.  But we did make it, and it was a surprise.

Here was some of the picnic spread...

IMG_0017 by mjmcphie

With some delicious Sammy's Woodfired Pizza.

IMG_0018 by mjmcphie

We tried to take this picture, but were unsuccessful due to the fact that the flies would frequently get into our eyes.

IMG_0024 by mjmcphie

After a fun afternoon, we came back and had dinner with some friends.  Jimmy and Brianna gave me some produce from their garden.

IMG_0043 by mjmcphie

Then we were off to some miniature golf where I got a hole-in-one...

IMG_0048 by mjmcphie

But the boy's team still lost...

IMG_0050 by mjmcphie

Special mention to Alan and Allison who got me my very own shoulder friend...really, I think that's what it's called.

IMG_0057 by mjmcphie

They also got me my very own just-add-water-manta-ray that I have been itching to use.

So really, I couldn't have asked for a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment