Saturday, January 22, 2011

Scripps Aquarium

(Michael) - My mother had a concert at Scripps Aquarium...just more proof that she is indeed famous.




They gave her a nice backdrop, and we especially liked the speaker disguised as a rock. As part of the program, she read some poems from a book the aquarium published...all I have to say is "flat fish, flat is where it's at".


After the performance we stayed to look around and did the thing that most people would do at an aquarium...look for all the characters in Finding Nemo (you should have heard all of the hushed whispers when they put up a picture of a clown fish during the storytelling).

Of course we had to pet a sea cucumber and poke a sea anemone before we left, however for some reason I was hoping they were going to have some manta rays. I love those guys. Oh well.


In non-aquatic news, for the last several weeks we've had the following on the wall by our table:


This is because Amanda had to take a vision test at the DMV and was worried about not passing (since she could only read about the top line or two with her bad eye). She figured if she practiced enough her eye could learn to distinguish the different letters, but really she just ended up memorizing the whole thing. Luckily the DMV had a different eye chart and she was indeed able to pass.

One more thing, since I am reporting things. I have just had my suspicions verified...my wife is a shameless cookie dough miner. When I came home from work one day and opened the freezer, she innocently told me that she had purchased another carton of cookie dough ice cream because it was on sale. Later on that night, she asked me if I could bring her some ice cream, so I dutifully got the one carton that was about 1/4 full. Everything became clear when she opened it and looked at me sheepishly. I looked down and saw to my great horror that it was completely mined. Needless to say, I'm going to have my eye on this next carton and future cartons from here on out.

1 comment:

  1. I can read line 11 with my good eye. I would definitely have to memorize the chart for my bad eye.
    And you know Michael, the dough-digger would stop if you would just make a bowl full of dough, put 3 berries in it with a sprig of a random bush on top.

    ReplyDelete