I have never wanted to be an office monkey - to be trapped in a desk all day would be the death of me. I have often wondered how people can sit in an office all day without going crazy. The simple answer is, they are crazy. I know this because sometimes Michael will send me emails with updates about things going on in his office. Here are a few from the last year or so.
Office update 3:57 - Just got an email from a guy named Babu...
Office update 1:23 - Just ate a pickle from the Holy Land
Office update 3:18pm - The domestic payroll side of the office is now meowing like kittens
Office update 12:23 - There is a toddler in the office. I repeat a toddler in the office
Office update 11:50pm - I have just been poisoned by Chinese Blue Dragon tea
Office update 5:33pm - I just barely accepted the rest of a bag of popcorn from my manager. Did I want popcorn? No, in fact, when she asked the first time I told her I wasn't interested. But the second time she asked, I could tell in her eyes that she was actually hoping I would take the bag away from her (since she's very diet-y). So I took it to have mercy for her.
Office update 3:20 - I just saw a guy with the last name of Lardy
Office update 4:18 - Was talking with my manager about a couple of things and then she started to pick the dead skin off of her heal. Then she gasped and started talking about how she shouldn't be doing it because now it was going to start bleeding. Then she continued talking about it for a while. I was speechless needless to say.
Office update 9:24am - Looking at this thing for a German payroll and here is one of the words: Wirtschaftsprufungsgsellschaft, and another, Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender. Ridiculous.
Office update 3:30 pm - My head supervisor is getting incredibly cold, she just walked by and she had on a jacket, hat, and scarf. She got two heaters for her office and she is still shivering. I am in a polo shirt and find it refreshing.
Office update 11:49am - I was looking at a bunch of payslips and noticed an employee with the name "Mrs. Pickel."
Office update - I am grumpy, and the officemate who is reading horoscopes to her husband is not helping
No comments:
Post a Comment