Again just the highlights:
CANADA RECEPTION:
After jumping through many different legal hoops, I was finally able to leave the country. We got my papers two weeks before our reception in Canada. This meant that our flights were definitely not cheap. Thankfully, my dad was willing to use his air-miles to fly us up. Thanks Marvin!
The reception was really nice, with only a couple awkward moments (such as the incredible silence as we walked up to our seats). It was so great to have all of my family there and my mom did an excellent job. I am extremely lucky to have had so many different people who love and care for me. It made me think about how truly blessed I really am. Thanks to everyone who helped out!
I had flown in a week before Michael since he had to work. WORST. IDEA. EVER. It wasn't as easy being apart as I had previously thought (feel free to gag now). Once he finally arrived there were so many things to do that we didn't get a lot of time to do very much on our own. We did get to catch the beginning of the Salmon run though, unfortunately that means there weren't many fish yet.
When it really get's going the river is full of salmon, but we got there just as it started.
There are a few salmon wherever the current is interrupted, except for the big patch of grass.
Goldstream park
A picture of the view from my bedroom; sometimes I miss my home. San Diego is nice too though. Definitely not as cloudy.
CAMPING IN BIG BEAR WITH ROBERT AND KIDS
It's actually a bit of a sad sorry. Usually only the boys in the McPhie family go out camping, I'm sure there are many reasons for this, but I can imagine the sisters-in-law enjoy the nice time alone. Who wouldn't?
However I had been begging Michael to go camping all summer, so when Michael got invited on the campout, I was a little dismayed. Not to worry though, after a little confusion, and a few back and forths, Michael and I were on our way to Big Bear.
It was short notice, but I am so glad we went. Of course we had to have a carbeque!
Yummmm
It was a clear crisp night when we went to bed. So cozy.
However this is what we saw when we woke up.
I was pretty excited since I never expected to see snow in California. I think that maybe everyone else wasn't quite as excited.
I tried to distract the kids from the cold by making a mini snowman complete with hair, but they decided the warm car was better. At least I tried.
We packed up double time in order to try to avoid this. We didn't want to take any
chances on the dirt road with the snow.
We drove to a little bit lower elevation where it was bright and sunny to take the boys on a hike. I don't think Andrew was impressed.
No comments:
Post a Comment