Sunday, February 22, 2015

Thomas' Presidential First Birthday

Thomas' birthday fell on Presidents' day this year and since we couldn't find another year where this would happen again we decided to go along with the presidential theme. Originally we weren't even going to have a party, but my parents were in town and several friends asked us about it so we decided to go ahead and have one. 

I made some cute invitations using a wax seal that we made, but unfortunately I must have accidentally deleted the pictures. Oh well, on to the party.

I didn't mind going a little decoration crazy since it could all be reused year after year for Fourth of July, etc.


Michael had the fun idea of using the "Crossing of the Delaware" in the punch with ice chunks Pretty funny. We also had our Lincoln logs (pretzel sticks) which was pretty much the extent of our incorporating Washington and Lincoln into the party - other than Thomas' outfit, of course.






We had horseshoes set up in our (currently undergoing renovations) backyard.



Thomas had tried to show off his ladder climbing skills while holding a hot dog and fell off and hit his head pretty hard. So by the time we got to cake he was pretty miserable.



The cake



Things got a little better for him when we started opening presents.



I don't know who enjoyed Thomas' presents more...


And since Thomas was miserable during the picture portion of his party we had to redress him up in his outfit on his actual birthday for pictures. It was still almost impossible to get a good picture because he hates having things on his head. I present to you, George Washington in miniature.








"Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth." - George Washington
(and so are our herbs...)


1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures of Thomas as George Washington! It was a great party.

    ReplyDelete