Sunday, October 20, 2013

Taiwan Trip 2013


(Michael) I was looking through our pictures and remembered that we didn't do a post for my business trip to Taiwan.

It was a quick and very worked-filled trip but here are a few pictures/highlights.

- I usually try to stay up as long as possible on the flight since I get in at night and I want to be as tired as possible for that.  This wasn't difficult on my previous trips because they had at least a few movies on the plane that were worthwhile.  However this time they had an amazing collection of doosies and I started three movies that I absolutely couldn't finish.  Luckily they had both seasons of the TV series Sherlock and that kept me interested for about nine hours.


- Since we wanted to stay in the same hotel as one of the managers that was traveling with us, we booked ourselves in the very swanky W hotel in Taipei.  Maybe swanky isn't the right word, but let me just say that it was difficult to check-in because the loud club they had on the same floor.  Other than that, it was pretty much your standard hotel...red gorilla decoration, toilet with a control panel, candy carrot in a little pot, you know the drill.






- The only sightseeing for this trip was that went to Taipei 101, which used to be the tallest skyscraper in the world.  Pretty interesting, but my personal favorite was the mascot, which represents the giant ball they have at the center of the building to stabilize it for the wind and earthquakes.  I give you the Damper Baby....








No comments:

Post a Comment