(Michael) I thought it was about time to introduce you to the latest addition to our family...
That's right, thanks to my dad, we are the proud owners of our very own dwarf orange tree. I'm really hoping on breaking through the McPhie citrus curse, but we have already hit a few issues.
First, I didn't realize that our patio mostly gets sun on the sill and is shaded for a good part of the day. Since the instructions said that this plant needs at least 6 hours of direct sunlight a day, I put it on top of those cat litter tubs to give it a better chance.
Second, a few days after setting everything up, we had a cold snap here in San Diego (insert your favorite cold weather in southern California joke here) complete with hail and frost.
That said, I'm proud to report that we have some new buds...
In other news, peas....
No comments:
Post a Comment