Luckliy, I thought the trip was a pretty neat adventure.
Flying business class was nice, but I'm not very comfortable with people waiting on me that much. I feel like I'm a pretty simple guy who doesn't need to have people take my coat, or give me fancy three course meals, or give me a new hot towel every ten minutes. Don't get me wrong, I liked it, but it was maybe just a little over the top.
This was only the appetizer.
My first day there I made sure I went to the company's Lunar New Year party even though I was tired from the flight. I was looking for insight into the local culture, and I was not disappointed. Constant raffling, efforts to embarrass business leaders (such as making them dance on stage wearing butterfly wings), and dish after dish of interesting food....
(black chicken soup)
Really didn't know what was going on most of the time but everyone seemed excited so I guess it was a big success.
I also got to tour the new factory we are building, and it was nice to see some of the tools I usually only look at on paper.
Before returning home, we spent some time in Taipei. Right outside my hotel window I got a good view of Taipei 101.
Got to take the high-speed rail.
Ate some delicious dumplings.
I didn't have very much time, but I was able to walk around a night market...
Everything was decked out for Chinese New Year.
...and, at the recommendation of my supervisor, I got a shoulder/foot massage. I was really hesitant about doing this but I have to admit...it was really painful. It was so painful that I almost started laughing.
Pretty much felt like having my feet tenderized.
I am glad to be back home, but it was certainly a fun and memorable trip.
.jpg)





Nice! (Except for missing the circus - AWR!) The last picture was perfect. (What is that thing?)
ReplyDelete