Thursday, May 19, 2011

Weekend Adventures

I figured I should probably get last weekend's adventures posted before this next weekend starts. 

What a wonderful weekend we had. We started out with our usual trip to Costco for their lunch special (i.e. samples). Seriously, it usually is our Saturday lunch. We have found that the Poway Costco offers the best quantity and quality.

Afterwards, we headed downtown to get a Scout uniform for Michael at the San Diego Scout Shop. I hope we get a lot of Scout-related callings throughout our lives because those things are expensive. Seeing all of the badges and everything once again made me sad that I wasn't allowed to join scouts when I was little, what with being a girl and all. I am glad that the U.S. has a solid girl scouts program. 


 It's amazing how you can find little places like this in a downtown area. 


Michael in his uniform. 
The boys love him. Speaking of which, this past Tuesday's Den Meeting was fantastic. The boys had a lot of fun doing relays and playing soccer. We were even able to keep our young enthusiastic friend under control, granted the majority of the evening was spent running around.

Since we were already in the area, we decided to also visit the Zoo.  One thing that's nice about a membership is you can wander around wherever because you don't have to see everything all in one trip. We usually stick to our favorites. 


This Polar Bear was sleeping maybe 2 feet from us. His paws were HUGE!


As always, the meerkats. They never disappoint..



We must have gone at a good time of the day because so many of the animals were really close to the viewing areas. Usually they are sleeping in the back where you can barely see them.



Even though there was a huge line to take a picture with this seal, we had to do it. Why? Well because we spent all of last week watching and re-watching this video.



He just couldn't quite make it. I'm sure we've all felt like this at one time or another.

Sunday was amazing. It started out nice and early (about 5:30am),we were terrified of being late. Thank you to Craig, who despite just finishing 48 hours of pager duty, drove us up to Robert and Megan's for Katherine's baby blessing. It was a wonderful blessing.


SO CUTE! What a beautiful mother and daughter.

The rest of church was great as well. I love that no matter how many times you have the same lesson (which over the years can be many times), you always learn something new. After church we headed over to Robert and Megan's house for some family festivities. Of course we were immediately a target to many nieces and nephews. I love getting to play around with them. 

Pictures courtesy of Erin McPhie.


Despite the restrictions of being in a skirt, we all had a lot of fun. The food was delicious, the company was great, and it was a beautiful Sunday afternoon. Thank you Megan for all of your hard work in planning and putting this together. 

Oh and I got to hold the baby :)


Awwwwwww!





No comments:

Post a Comment