Sunday, October 10, 2010

Food Disasters: Several reasons why I should not be allowed in the kitchen

My first few months of wifedom have gone pretty well, and by that I mean Michael hasn't died from my cooking...yet. In fact, he says that I have been doing a great job, so take that family! Of course, he also tells me I look good when it is obviously clear that I do not, so I think he's pretty biased.

More surprising though is the fact that our apartment is still in one piece. I have learned several lessons that I wish to pass on.

Lesson one: plastic measuring cups should never be used in the microwave!
We are now the proud owners of a brand new glass measuring cup. (Michael decided we needed to take extra precautions for times when he isn't around to stop the microwave)

Lesson two: Never leave a sealed plastic bottle near the oven vent when said oven is on, it may come close to exploding.

Lesson three: Never leave Michael in the kitchen to cook alone, it may never be clean again.

Lesson 4: Never allow both of us in the kitchen at the same time, unless you want some major spills and food all over your face.


That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment