So I wanted to start this blog with our wedding, but unfortunately our photographer isn't as cooperative as we would have hoped. I was going to just wait it out, but now I am impatient and there will be too much to catch up on. So let me add this little disclaimer:
The following posts may or may not be in the correct chronological order. Please read at your own risk of being confused.
You may continue...
The Honeymoon
Welcome to the "Honeymoon Hideaway." Described as being a beautiful "robin egg blue." One of my favorite parts was the cute little porch swing. Oh and of course I loved the American flag
(just in case any immigration officers happen to read this)
Making use of the BBQ. It was delicious.
The town near where we were staying was very quaint. It had a lot of little shops and things to look at. One day we decided to try and walk there, big mistake. It was a really long walk and we didn't have much water. Buying water is ridiculous, so instead we went to a KFC and bought a pastry for less than it would have cost to buy a bottle of water. With that pastry came all the water we wanted.
McPhies: 1
Fast Food industry: 0
Walking around town we were reminded of Jeff...
and Seth.
Our Mountain Trail Hike. There were so many lizards along this trail. I didn't know this but lizards do push-ups on a regular basis, it's hilarious to watch.
We found this rock...I couldn't help but notice the similarities.
What I woke up to one morning:
What a wonderful husband I have.
Our last day in Big Bear we decided to go kayaking. Unfortunately, most of the lakes in California aren't used for swimming in, but it was still a beautiful lake to kayak on.
We stayed in two different hotels during our trip, each one gave us chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of wine.
"LAMB"ination is a McPhie family inside joke. Our entire car was filled with stuffed lambs after the reception (I was also told they are also excellent dog toys!). Everywhere we went the lambs came with us.
Our last place to go was a very fancy hotel in Santa Monica courtesy of David/Erin. Thank you so much! Unfortunately we underestimated the fanciness. We pulled up in shorts and bare feet, as we had just come from kayaking in Big Bear, and asked where the self parking was. We were abruptly informed that there was no self parking, only valet parking. We felt a tad ridiculous getting out of the car, but to make things worse, when the valet man opened the back seat door a couple lambs fell out onto the pavement with enough force that each let out a little "squeak." Let's just say we're sure the valet men had a lot to talk about after taking our car.
This lamb fell out of the car while I was trying to get something. I threw it into the front seat and this is exactly how it landed, no joke. Should I be concerned?
I am sorry I am not reading your blog until now... but I am already laughing so hard!! Looks like you guys had some adventures early on in your marriage :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete