Thursday, August 26, 2010

A bug with history...

First lets start with some background information:

This is what Michael drives to work each day.


Kind of cute, in a "rust"ic sort of way. It does have an adorable little horn, but it also has terrible stearing, no signal lights, and brakes that are a little on the shady side. Oh and it has just one more problem:




This beautiful hole is in the backseat on the driver's side.

Now we go to Tuesday, August 17th.

I was happily cleaning up the apartment and completing some schoolwork when I receive a phone call from my wonderful husband. Apparently his keys had fallen out of his pocket. At first I wondered why this would be a problem, I was then informed about the hole in the backseat...needless to say we had a long search ahead of us.



Thankfully, Michael remembered approximately around where his keys had fallen out of his pocket because it is a long way between here and his office building. By the time I got there he had looked all around the parking lot and up and down a stretch of the road. We spent two hours going back and forth along the road but didn't find them. We eventually had to give up, and Michael was not too happy. But, always looking on the bright side of things, Michael was quick to be thankful it wasn't his wallet.


After I got back home I received another phone call informing me that the keys had been found.
My first thought was that they were in some ridiculous place in the car, like in his lunch bag, but we had checked the car over and over. It turns out that some guy had seen the keys in the middle of an intersection and picked them up. The guy noticed that one of them was a Qualcomm key and luckily he also worked at Qualcomm. He took the keys to a Qualcomm security officer who then traced the key back to Michael. Who picks up keys in the middle of an intersection? Yet another confirmation of the power of prayer.


Even more miraculous is that none of the keys were destroyed, although this little guy did get roughed up a bit.


This was my first encounter with this quirky little bug. Apparently it has been the cause for many exciting moments; including being involved in an accident that wiped out all of the vehicles in the McPhie driveway, losing a tire en route, and randomly catching on fire.


And yet I still allow my husband to drive it every day...







No comments:

Post a Comment