Sunday, March 29, 2015

Thomas 12 Months


Well, we've kept it alive for a whole year now. I think we might just make it.
Then again, the tantrums have just started so maybe not.


At 12 months Thomas has

- 7 teeth


- the ability to walk, run, and pretty much climb anything

-can hold his breath under water, float on his back, and is working on swimming with his arms

Above: Usually Thomas likes to spread everything in "his" drawer all over the house, but one day we walked into the kitchen and found him happily sitting in the drawer. Hurray for containing messes :)

-knows the sign for food and uses it often

-claps his hands whenever he feels like he has done a good job

I love that it's so easy to make Thomas laugh. I dread the day I am no longer funny to him.

-waves hello and goodbye

-has started stringing different sounds together other than dadababa and babbles as if we're supposed to understand him

-can spoon feed himself pretty well and drink from a normal cup without spilling, or at least when he feels like being careful

Above: when he was first learning to spoon feed

-gets really excited and starts pointing and squeaking every time a dog in the neighborhood walks by

-loves to help with chores. When I am wiping the cabinets down he finds his own cloth and starts wiping too. So precious

Above: "helping" me make muffins

-loves playing peek-a-boo

-will shout at people who aren't looking at him in order to have them pay attention to him (usually during sacrament meeting). This then turns into a game of peek-a-boo until he gets bored and finds a new victim.


Sometimes he wakes up from a nap with hair like this.

There's no controlling it!

-loves to be outside

-loves water (except when it charges him like the ocean)


-loves sitting on people faces....weirdo


-over the last couple of weeks he has started copying things Michael and I do. For example, when I call Lily over to me I also snap my fingers. Now whenever Thomas sees Lily he attempts to snap his fingers. If he has picked up that, I worry about what else he might be observing. I have become very aware of what I do in front of him, for better or worse I do not know.

-Any time a car door opens he climbs into the car in an attempt to get to the driver's seat.



I love this kid!

Here are a few pics just for fun. 

I like this one because it looks like an ad for First Street water. "Thirsty from all that toddling? Drink First Street!"


This pic was to mark the monumental moment of Thomas actually sitting down to enjoy some grapes. Sitting, as in not walking, running, climbing, or rolling around. Just. Sitting.


And of course, some good storytime with daddy. You'll have to excuse the face, storytime is serious business,


No comments:

Post a Comment