Sunday, December 7, 2014

Christmas lights

Have I ever mentioned that we LOVE Christmas? 
We do.
We were hoping to be on top of Christmas this year and have everything ready by the end of the week but we didn't quite make it. At least we were able to enjoy the Christmas tree and fireplace for the LDS Christmas devotional.


Thomas was especially intrigued by the fire


We spent Saturday putting up Christmas lights. It took forever. I am so excited to have lights on our house. It feels so good to be part of a community. Poor Michael had to try and reach around from on top of the roof to hammer in the nails since we didn't have a big enough ladder.



What you can't see is that on the other side of the fence is a much bigger drop-off. 

The saddest part was when we finally finished (in the dark) and all of a sudden half of the strands stopped working. We may have connected too many together....
No we have to go and switch them out. At least the nails are already in place :)

Thomas was a big help, of course



And on a more positive note, our neighbours gave us a free table and this bike that Thomas loves (even though he can't even reach the peddles).



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update. That first photo is beautiful. Looks like a Christmas card. And the smiley one with the ladder? Adorable! (I was going to say "adorbs" so I could be like the cool Utah kids, but I couldn't bring myself to do it.)

    ReplyDelete