(Michael) Hello again, we're back and have big news...we are now homeowners. Of this house...
We had this as a resolution for 2013, but I really don't think I anticipated how everything was going to move so fast.
End of March: "Well, I suppose we should check to see how much we would qualify for, it would sort of be interesting to know if nothing else"
Beginning of April: "Ok, well the financing is actually reasonable, guess we might as well start the long hunt for a house and get a real estate agent, maybe find something around when our apartment contract is up in February."
End of April: "Woah, looks like everyone is buying, we might as well put bids on any place we're interested in and hopefully down the road will win one of these bidding wars."
Beginning of May: "Oh, looks like we got an accepted offer, well let's have the inspection and appraisal come through since there is a good chance something is horribly wrong or the appraisal will come in way under the offered price"
Later in May: "Wait, so everything is okay and this is moving forward?"
Long story short, we've been here for a couple weeks now and so far we haven't had any searing pains of regret. In fact, we are quite happy with our new place.
So enough with the preface, allow me to give you a very brief walkthrough.
I'll start with the door. It's red. We were a little skeptical about it at first, but now we like it. The doorknob reminds me of the doorknobs at the Salt Lake City Temple in that it is long and somewhat ornate. Also, the black bin to the right of the door is our mailbox...did anyone know that they still did things like this? One last thing, if you should ever visit, PLEASE ring the doorbell.
I'll now take you straight to our nice new kitchen. Fancy right? One of my favorite parts is the fact that those four spotlights can be dimmed to give you a little mood lighting while you cook. Finally.
Here is one shot of our backyard. We really like the bench and the roses, but maybe not the monstrous aloe plant on the right. There are actually two other terraced parts to the backyard, one is a patio section above, and there is an interesting dirt area below that is perfect for our motorhome? To be brief, there are many interesting plants around our house. That might be a post in and of itself.
Here is one of our favorite plants though. Not one, but TWO grapefruit trees. Now we just need to figure out what to do with a ton of grapefruits. I guess we could make juice and...that's all I got. We also have a peach tree in the backyard, which will probably have more uses. I'm really not sure how we're going to keep all of these plants alive.
Here is our hallway. Not much to say about this except that the creaky wood floors are going to be great for Halloween.
Finally, a bedroom which I am going to use to represent the other two bedrooms. Pretty normal and nice. Except we do need window coverings since we're pretty much a big fishbowl here.










Congratulations! Very exciting, your house looks great!
ReplyDeleteI love red doors! I have always wanted one. And you can make some grapefruit gelato, which is quite good. Yes, that's definitely what you need to do. It's called pompelmo rosa in italian, and it's pretty much my favorite as long as it's not bitter. Good luck!
ReplyDelete